Sunday, January 6, 2008

Lori's New Year Resolutons

My New Year Resolutions

It is that time of year again were we look at our lives and set new goals for improvement.

Goal #1 Fit into my jeans: Yes I have gained a few pounds since I have been married. It doesn't help that I have a husband that can eat anything and everything and not gain a pound. How am I going to complete this goal you may ask. Well these are my short term goals:

  • Walk Abby every night for 30 minutes
  • Get up 3 times a week before work and workout
  • Eat more fruits and vegetables

Goal #2 Start a budget: Well this is a hard goal for me. Before I know it I have spent too much money at Target. Brian and 1 have sat down and talked about financial goals for the up coming year. I pray that we will meet our financial goals. These are my financial short term goals:

  • Get my car paid off by June
  • Set a limit on entertainment, shopping and food. I am going to pull cash out every month and when it is gone it is gone for the month
  • Set up a Roth IRA

Goal #3 Become more spiritual: Today at church the Bishop issued a 30 day challenge that I am going to strive hard to complete. In this challenge he talked about reading your scriptures daily, have family and personal prayers, attend your meetings and 100% on visiting and home teaching. Well I can say I have 1 out 4 mastered (attending my meetings). The Bishop gave us a check sheet that I would like to have filled in by the end of the month. I have one by my bed and on the fridge. This goal I am going to work hard on. I know that if I work hard on my spirituality that the rest of my live will be in order.

These are my three goals I am going to work on. What are your goals? I would love to hear them and then we can all help each other complete our goals.

I will keep you all posted because I know you all want to know.

Love you all!!!

Lori

1 comment:

Littlefield Family said...

Lori,
Those goals are great! I think they are all things we could work on. Thanks for the encouragement. Love, Mom